Wednesday 11 May 2011

Not rubbish enough

It is a lonely life in Team Rubbish these days. We have taken Rubbish to a new level by creating the first virtual cycling team. We have the blog, the email banter, the bikes, the photos and a huge number of out of date energy bars. All we don't do is cycle.

I have mistakenly continued to go out riding and seem to have lost my way. I am becoming distinctly unrubbish.

The mighty Rizzle 2011 (131kms) in 4 hours 29 mins and the SWRC Flyer (150kms) in 5 hours 21 mins. Both really good rides, lots of hills and a chance to employ my own unique strategy of heading off as though I am Fabien Cancellara, completely blowing up at half distance, and limping home in terrible pain.

I hope Rubbish get back in the saddle soon, it was more fun when we stopped every 15 minutes to adjust our saddles, have a wee and eat pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment